Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas at Mimi and Papa's in New Mexico

While we were cooking, I looked at the front window and saw the horses under this cool OLD tree in front of Mom's house. Me thinking I'm such a photographer (LOL), I went out to get some pics. The horses were pretty on this crisp COLD Christmas morning!


Mimi Jane with Pistol Pake, Scout and Shotgun Tate.... Mimi you have to come up with a nickname for Scout!

Tripp holding Scout up to touch OLD JOE the longhorn steer that Preston had for years. He was getting sooo old Preston decided to have him stuffed! I want him in my house! But he looks awesome at Mom's!


Tater (that's a coyote call he's blowin on!) and Pake...... Thanks MOM! LOL the boys loved them, but we've still got them hidden!



Papa Preston and Scout... she loved her shoes!

Aunty Tandy and Scout

KD cutting up the turkey! He did an awesome job as always.

Mimi Jane and Aunty Pat.... everyone worked hard in the kitchen and the food was GREAT!


Trail and Tate.... Mimi Jane got out her BIG bad wolf and Little Red Riding costumes... the funniest part is Tater was scared to death and screamed like a little girl... and yall all think he's sooo tough!

Preston's antique stove (another thing I'd like in my house) and the homemade pies we had, chocolate (Mimi Jane), buttermilk (Tandy) and pumpkin (Aunty Pat), and we can't leave out the fact that Tori Beth made the crust!



These rolls were to DIE for yum!

So we had another awesome time for Christmas... it was pretty chilly out so we hung out in the house... we cooked of course, played Guesstures (when Mimi and Tori drug us off the couch and made us), they watched Australia, and I read my new cookbook "Pioneer Woman" that Tori Beth game me.... great cookbook.... if you don't know about the Pioneer Woman you should check her out and buy her cookbook!
Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Tori said...

When u gonna cook us up some PW food?