Sunday, October 9, 2011

Justin Bradley's Benefit Ranch Rodeo




Last night we honored an outstanding man and he just happened to be a cowboy.  A cowboy that we sure are missing.  Everytime I see his paint horse it hits me that he really is gone.  Everyone came together this weekend to celebrate Justin's life and donate to his wife and baby Pecos who we all can't wait to meet.  It always amazes me how so many people come together and do awesome things at times like these.  Thanks to everyone that donated and helped with the rodeo and silent auction.
There are so many people to recognize but Nicki Sturgess, I just want to say you did an awesome job with the silent auction!

And thanks to all the cowboys too!  There were 26 teams! 



The Happy Toy Maker is always a hit with the kids.  Yes Tate won a set of panels in the silent auction.  He had more fun bidding and watching the bid to make sure he still had it. 


KD helped Keith cook.  Thanks Keith for all your hardwork.

Tripp entered Sandhill. Thank you Sandhill, Tripp, Riley and Red and the other guys on the team! 
 Sandhill was second and they donated their winnings back to Brittany and Pecos.  I can't thank you guys enough.  I also want to thank Bonnie Concho for donating a cap to the silent auction.

Another awesome thing happened last night, Tripp's friend Rodey from the winning team gave his buckle to Pake..... it's the sweetest thing I've ever experienced in my life.  Brings a tear to my eye.

Pake is one happy kid. 

Rodey Wilson thank you for doing something so special for my boy.
  I wish I had a picture of Rodey and Pake.... maybe we can get one at the finals in November.

I wanted to share this picture of Kerry Don, Tate, Alan Sturgess,
JoeByrd, Jim Cope, Justin and Pake a few years ago after working calves.

Justin will always be remembered by our family, especially everytime we work cattle. 

No comments: