Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lake Proctor

We took our yearly trip to Lake Proctor this last weekend. We enjoyed a long 4 day weekend there. It's a very relaxing place. We camp right on the water. This year it was Dexter & Sherry Adams, Justin & Tami Byrd, Joe Wayne & Juila Adams, Colton George and us.... well plus the 11 kids and 3 dogs!

Our family Pake, KD, me and Tate
Cousins! Yes I said... 11 kids from 17 months to 16 years! Kaitlyn Adams, Rayli Byrd, Cimmaron Adams, Jerzi Byrd, Tate, Meghan Byrd, Brenden Adams, Pake, Drew, Aaron, & Bailey Adams! They all had a blast! The cutest friendship that developed was with Rayli and Cimmie they're just 3 but don't under estimate these 3 year olds! They are quite bossy but oh sooo cute!

We fished for catfish on the beach and had some luck! Tater caught one! He was pretty excited but very disappointed when he lost the next one. I'm queen stink baiter! I used a stick, but I don't mind and believe you me it was smelly!

Pake with that awesome stripper he caught, it ended up being a little shy of a keeper. I thought it looked pretty BIG!

My Pake learned to ski last year, and he didn't have any problems getting up this year. I think it's awesome that he uses both hands! His hand doesn't keep him from doing much.


Well Tate just had to try sking too! He's just 7 but he made a hand! After about 3 tries, he had it down. I have to say I'm pretty proud of him!


The kids loved sking and tubing! I don't think we could have gone long enough for all of them. Well on Sunday afternoon we ran out of gas in the boat. They were alittle disappointed but they thought it was pretty neat to get towed in too! Luckily I had my cell phone and Joe Wayne came out and got us in Dexter's boat.
We always look forward to our trip down south to a "real" lake since there aren't any around here! We hope to make some trips to Greenbelt or Buffalo so the kids can ski! Better yet we're praying for the BIG rain that will fill Lake Mackenzie back up!

1 comment:

Andreia Rice said...

that's a lot of cousins lol....I have 20 1st cousins.