Monday, February 7, 2011

Meatful Mondays

This blog is for my sister.... Ok she's on a mission!  Here's the deal..... Oprah has started this crusade for Meatless Mondays. Meatless Mondays are you kidding me? WELL y'all know we're BEEF people!  And we eat BEEF and we're proud of it!
SO Tori wants everyone to posts their beef recipes on Mondays.

I didn't have time to take pictures of mine this time..... maybe next week..... I mean hello I had to watch the super bowl yesterday.  

Here's my recipe:

Chuck Roast Done Easy
Chuck Roast  
1 pkg of dry Lipton Onion Soup
Ground Pepper

That's it you say? Yep that's it I say.

Throw your roast in a cake pan, sprinkle the Onion Soup mix on top, and season with pepper.  I recommend putting about a 1/4-1/2" of water in the pan, too!  Then seal that baby up tight with foil and pop it in the oven at 325 for about 4 hours.   I mean it's that simple.  Sometimes, I call KD at lunch and say "Hey babe will you throw a roast in the oven, so I don't have to cook tonite."   He says "Sure babe".... cuz he likes roast too!   And he likes me to make gravy, see that water you add to the pan turns out PERFECT for the makins of brown gravy!   This roast will just fall all apart and it's also good slapped in a tortilla with alittle BBQ and Picante sauce, for a spicey beef roll! So there's my recipe and I'm stickin to it!

Well I wanted to include a picture of a few of our cows.... it snowed yesterday and we had to get out and haul hay.... these gals were pretty happy to see us!
    
 Black Motelys are my favorite! 

 Thank goodness for this trusty ole cake/hay wagon....

And these two came along for the ride.... until they got ta fightin in the back seat... that's when we dropped them off at the house and told them to sweep the garage! That's a true story!

Y'all have a lovely week!  And I just want to throw in how happy I am that the Packers WON!!! Woop Woop

2 comments:

Tori said...

Thanks for participatin' sis!! Now we'll see if anyone else does.

Jamie said...

haha @ the fighting in the back seat and sweeping the garage! Sounds like my childhood!