Monday, July 18, 2011

The 4th Without Fireworks

It was the 4th of July 
fireworks were outlawed,
 the lake was just about dried up,
and it was HOT and windy!

But we made the best of it
Yes we did indeed
We went ATVin!

 We found Dusty's crack.  NO not that crack!

A huge crack in the rock, so big that kids can walk through it.  
And yes Dusty just happens to be the one that found it! 

I tried to capture this crack but I'm not sure I was successful. 
Let me just say I didn't want to fall in the crack.... that's for sure. 

 The kicker IS that it's not that easy to get to Dusty's crack.  Some of the trails were alittle scarey.
It took several guys to get the motorcycles up.


We wenched up a couple fourwheelers.
Well "they" did, I just took pictures.


 Again, this hill doesn't look too bad but it was STEEP and rocky.
They named it Pake's Peak.   We also went up Bray's hump. 
Needless to say, Bray and the hump didn't get along so well.

But everyone made it!

Todd and Dawn made it just fine in their RZR. 
Kerry Don says the RZRs are like goats... ain't no where they can't go!

I was so glad to be the passenger and not the driver!

Anyway, we had a good weekend but it just didn't seem like the 4th of July.....


I just had to throw this picture in, I really don't think, any comment is required..... do yall?

No comments: