Monday, November 14, 2011

WCRR 2011

We always look forward to the Ranch Rodeo finals!  2011 certainly did not disappoint. 
 I had so many pictures, so here are just a few....

My famous bro and niece and their magnificent horses, Crowfoot and Hooray. 

My Mom and her cousins sporting those good looking Sandhill Cattle tshirts!

My youngest and his cousin the Brahma breeder!

My daughter, of wait, I don't have a daughter, BUT everyone thinks she's mine and I love it.
Who knew my sister's kid would look like me!

Team Sandhill in the grand entry which is one of my favorite parts of the show!

These two punks are happier than a puppy with two tails!   

Mr Riley, Top Hand of '09 & '10 and American flag carrier, riding the bronc for Sandhill!

Team penning is a great event!  I want to team pen, oh wait I don't have a horse.  Maybe Trail would let me borrow Pink Panther ;)


Two old dudes flankin'!  =)   They don't read my blog... they'll  never see this.  I hope anyway!

Who won the whole rodeo?  Yep these guys who just happens to be Rodey Wilson's team.  He's the kind cowboy that gave Pake the buckle at Justin's Benefit.

The BIGGEST celebrity there and I do mean the biggest weighing in at a whopping 6 pounds is Whiplash, the monkey cowboy.  By the way, he's a sheep herder too!

The Bud horses are celebrities too me.... I love them!

And this cowboy.... who is he?  Oh wait that would be Mr. Pioneer Woman.... I meant Marlboro Man.  The Drummonds had a team and it was neat watching them!

And here she is, Pioneer Woman herself.  I shot this picture from across the way.  I had the opportunity to say hi, and get a picture with her... do I have that picture? NO!  The picture didn't take =(  I'm so sad, I could just cry!  All I can tell you is she's very tall and very pretty and I probably looked totally short and fat beside her, so maybe I didn't want the picture anyway!  That's what I keep telling myself.

The most famous celebrities of the whole rodeo, the most famous to me anyway, are these punks!

 WCRR, we can't wait until next year!  And PW please come back so I can get a picture with you!  Purty Please =)

2 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

Your mom was telling us on Sunday about your super sad PW mishap! I can't believe the pic didn't take! BUMMER!!

Lauren said...

Aww, I would have loved to have met you! Jim and Ann kept pointing Tripp out to us! They were excited to see him compete. That was my very first rodeo and it was a blast!! Can't wait to go again next year! I'll tell the Austin fam you said hello!