Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankfulness

Thanksgiving is not really just all about the FOOD.  Really it's not it's about FAMILY too!  I mean we all look forward to the turkey, dressing, gravy, ham, mashed taters, sweet potatoes, green beans, fried okra salad, corn casserole, hashbrown casserole, macaroni, every kind of salad imaginable, fresh bread, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, naner puddin', lemon bar thingies, red velvet trifle, millionaire pie, cherry pineapple cobbler, and a birthday cake whew, that's all I can remember.... wait maybe that's everything I ate!  Not really but almost.

This Lady is the one that started it all!  Grandma Byrd with a few of her great great grandkids...


These are the great great grandkid's parents..... so actually these are Grandma Byrd's grandkids.  In other words,  they're all first cousins too!  Sorry I'm not trying to confuse y'all or anything.


Grandma's is connected to Roll-A-Cone and there is the famous bird cage that the Byrd family has had for years.  Through out the years, there have been many different kinds of birds in the cage.  But those aren't birds the kids are holding, you say?!  I know.... they're Guinea pigs... yes and rabbits.  Don't ask me why?  Ask Dan.... but the kids love them and I guess that's really all that matters.

Speaking of Dan, he hit me up awhile back and asked if I wanted to be partners on some monkeys for the Byrd's bird cage.... I was tempted but then found out they were pretty pricey! 
(Y'all think I'm making this one up, but I promise every bit of it is true)

So, I ran in the house and told Dan his dream had in fact come true...
he had monkey's in his cage! 

These monkeys, I meant boys are pretty handsome!

 A few more of the cute kids running around...


These twins are cuter than a button and I would love to take them home.... I just can't tell them apart.


 So when I took this twin's picture I said, "So which one are you honey?"
He said, "I'm Tweven"
I said ok, "Trevyn you and Rali smile for me!"
Then, he said, "Not willy, I'm Twace."
I replied, "Trace you little rat, you're 4 and already tricking people!"
Did I mention, I would love to take the twins home!
I have no idea why I uploaded this picture....   
Well maybe it's because y'all need to know how much of a hard time Mr. Dan gives me!

Anyways!

So let me change gears for just a minute....
This sweet family payed us a special visit....

see Aubree WON this car in Lubbock!

It's the closest I've ever been to anyone that actually won something BIG.  Congrats Aubree!


And last but certainly not LEAST, it was DeDe Shawn's birthday and we had to celebrate.
Also, meet her new puppy and birthday present... Sinnamon, she's a chocolate brown cockapoo! 
No y'all, Kennedy doesn't spoil her!

We're so blessed and we had such a full, our cup runneth over, day! 
I hope y'all all had wonderful Thanksgiving too!

No comments: