Monday, December 5, 2011

Alittle Red Paint

K Dawg (aka Kerry Don) went to Wakeeney, Kansas to pheasant hunt last weekend.  He had a great trip!  They had some great hunting and got to see some snow too!  Thank you Cousin Wade for taking him away! Oh not really I don't mean that, we missed him =) 
While he was gone, I had to have a project.........

I started with this old armoire that has been sitting in the corner of my living room.  It really wasn't anything special, constructed of cheap thin wood, but it was old and alittle ornate.  It didn't belong to anyone in my family, I picked it up at a junk store years ago for a 100 bucks. 
 So.... I got alittle crazy with some RED paint.

Half way through I could tell I liked it.  So I went ahead and slapped two coats of red on
and I do mean slap because I am quite possibly the messiest painter EVER.

Of course I couldn't just leave it plain ole red. 
So after getting a little crazier with a sander and some glaze. I was happy with it.

Then, I got to thinking about that little dresser in the guest room.  It wasn't anything special either (wood wise anyway), it was special in that my Momma gave it to me, but I figured she wouldn't mind.

And you guessed it, I slapped some red paint on it and sanded and glazed it too!  I have 2 new pieces of furniture and it didn't cost me a dime, because I already had left over paint and glaze from other projects.  By the end of the day, I was alittle worried and I knew someone needed to take the red paint away.  Did I mention I like red?  But I might have painted enough stuff red for awhile ;) 

K Dawg was sooo excited and impressed when he got home! 

 Ha/Ha, he barely noticed but he's not really into interior decorating.

No comments: