Saturday, March 10, 2012

the BIG black mystery CAT

Well this time I don't have any pictures, but I have a story to tell y'all.  I bring this story to you from stories a few other individuals have told me.  This is not made up, it's true.  I promise.

The story begins on one foggy Saturday night around midnight at a house about 1/4 mile from our house.  This kid I know (aka Hunter O) let his doggies out to take care of their business.  As he was waiting on Bevo and Bama, he noticed something in his circle drive.  He took a second look and saw that it was black.  BLACK?  Yes Black!  It was about 3 foot tall and turned and looked at him.  His eyes glowed YELLOW.  Now, this kid started to shake!  The last thing he saw was a tail, a LONG BLACK tail!  It didn't take him long to get back in the house, so he could go sleep with his Mamma! The next day his Momma, told me the story and I will admit I was skeptical.  I thought oh he saw a stray dog or something.  Or it was late and dark and foggy.  Hunter continued to insist, "I know what I saw!"

Three nights later, 3 friends of ours came out to visit for a bit.  When they came through the door, their eyes were HUGE and they said, "Y'all will never believe what we just saw!"  To back up a minute too, they had no prior knowledge of Hunter's sighting.  Anyway, as they drove down our road, they saw something very similar to what Hunter had described.  It was almost waist tall, BIG, black, and had yellow eyes and a long tail, plus it moved like a cat.  They slammed on the brakes and shined the headlights in the trees, but it was gone!  The guys went back with a spot light to see if they could see anything, but of course they had no luck.

So what is it?  A panther?  A black mountain lion?  We really don't know.... Come to find out there have been black cats spotted before around here.  We haven't seen him since and we really doubt we ever will.... BUT it's sorta scary to think, he could be roaming around!  Anyway, that's the story and that's about the most excitement we've had around here.

No comments: