Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Colorful Cows

We've been getting in old bred mamma cows for the last several weeks.  The best part is they are all different colors.  Why?  Well while I love our beautiful black mammas and their babies, to tell the truth they're boring!  It's nice to have some colorful cows around here!  My favorite color is brindle.  See I want to raise Brafords, but that's a whole different story. 

Tater tearing off sale barn tags.

I gave the wormer while Kerry Don branded.

Pake ran the shoot or is he texting?!

Then, the cowboys loaded them on the truck. We're thankful for these guys because these old gals can be alittle wild and being a horseback is much better than being a foot.

I named this black baldy horned beauty, Helen, and she wasn't too happy about getting on the truck.

This here is Lucy (she's a brindled beauty wink/wink), and quite frankly she was just ready to get the heck out of dodge!

I just had to share this picture of my camo clad cattleman =)

We call this semi, Kenny.  Yes it's true, we name our semis, too.

These punks, Miley and Maxie rode along in the sleeper.

Then we turned the colorful ole gals out to pasture.

Lucy says, "I'm happy now leave me a lone!"  That's the end of my colorful cow story.

Actually, it's probably not because now these ole gals will start calving.  Then we'll have colorful calves and I'll have tell y'all about them too ;)

No comments: