Monday, April 22, 2013

The "C" Word Update



I decided to update my journey with the "C" word.  I had a 2nd surgery after my lumpectomy.  The margins were a little close on one side, so they wanted to take a little more to make sure they got it all.  I just got the results back today that there was no cancer in the pathology from my 2nd surgery. Yipeee!! I was super glad to get positive news.  My chemo will probably start on May 7th.  I had really been hoping for no chemo, but fortunately I only have 4 treatments 3 weeks apart. Then I will have 7 weeks of radiation 5 days a week.  The way I figure it I will have chemo May 7th, May 28th, June 18th, and July 9th.  Then, I will have radiation July 22nd - September 6th.  The dates may not all work out exactly that way, but at least now I sorta have a timeline and I sorta know what the future holds. Ever since I was diagnosed, I have just wanted to do what I had to get rid of it.  I wanted it done, over with, period, but it doesn't exactly go that way.  I went through waiting for this appointment, waiting for this blood test result, waiting for that test result, waiting for my next surgery, waiting on those results and so on.  I just felt like I was going to go crazy not knowing and not being able to plan (I think God might have been working on my patience lol).     I feel very fortunate that they caught it early and I'm on the road to being done with this!  I know it could be WAAY worse.  I have been through every emotion from sad, to mad, to feeling sorry for myself, to not wanting to see people, etc... However, I am determined to carry on with my regular life.... this is NOT going to get me down.   My prayers are with all those ladies out there going through the same battle.  I'm thankful for my husband, boys, family and friends.  They have all been so supportive and caring during this time.  Now, I just have to go wig shopping LOL!  

No comments: