Saturday, June 22, 2013

Branding at the Channing Ranch

One of my favorite weekends (of course I have lots of favorites) but my most favoritest ;)
is the branding at the Channing ranch.

Ewell, Walter, Tate, Bray and Randy

The whole crew....

The sorting horse was serious about his job.  I got a kick out him pinning his ears back.  
That's just what you call good cow work.

Everyone doing their job!

I almost got whacked in the head with the rope.  


Pake giving a shot.

Tater holding on...

Bray's first branding

Letting the calf go and trying not to get kicked.

Bray and Tate gave shots too and KD branded.

Allen joking around with Powder.

After the calf is worked, usually the front flanker,  helps up the back flanker.  It's just some good 'ole cowboy and cowgirl teamwork.  And by the way, the cowgirl here, Danae, is every bit as tough as the guys, if not tougher!  We are so lucky to have such a great crew! 

No comments: