Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A great start to Spring Break

Tate has a broken arm.... actually a buckle fracture. He fell out of a tree behind Traci's house last night. Kerry Don and I had golfed and were headed home when Traci called and said we needed to check on him. We took him in for an Xray and sure enough it's broke. Thankfully it's not a bad break. Dr. Culwell said the bone was smashed, kinda like a coke can smashs if you step on it. Dr. C splinted it and said he'll cast it next week. We told Tate that he didn't have a tail, that he isn't a monkey.




I thought his arm was really red.... well we got to looking at it, it was actually sunburned. The boys had been with Kerry Don all day and got a SUNBURN.... had snow last Friday and got a sunburn on Monday.... Kinda funny. Pake had on a sleeveless shirt and his arms were pretty red.
All and all I guess we're just getting started with Spring BREAK! Tate thinks he can still ride his motorcycle... but he says he's going to have to go back to his little 50.

3 comments:

Tori said...

Nothing heals a broken arm quicker than a little Sonic. I remember my broken arm being miserable and I looked like a dork with a bandage around my whole body. Tate will be healed up in no time.

Pake looks like "tough guy" in this picture......showing off his muscles.

Ya'll have a great (and careful) rest of your Spring Break!!

Wendy said...

Poor guy!!! I hope Spring Break gets better.

Liss and MOMMY said...

Cody didn't even tell me this morning...I hate that hipa act. Anyway take care Mr. Tate! Every summer I ask Cody if this is the year one of the kids will break their arm. They are always in the trees.