Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Let's Go Racing Boys

Annually, we take a road trip to TMS (Texas Motor Speedway that is). It's always a fun trip. We found this funny hat for KD in Red River.
So, we named our bus driver Bubba Don. Those curls almost looked too real.

We had a couple of roomies in our bus.... Justin and Tami


And Ricky Rod and Judy Bug... it was their first trip and I do believe they loved it!


My sweetie (yall just thought he had grown long hair.... te/he that's Bubba Don)
I like this picture because you can see my reflextion in his glasses =)



These two farm boys are smiling because they love RAIN. And they know at home it rained 4 inches and that makes them happy.



Yall know we ate good. We always do! Our meal was hamburgers and I think we did pretty dadgum good. Of course we got lucky when we cooked, it hadn't started raining yet.


I have no idea who this crazy guy is. Realy I don't.
Oh wait....
I think I do know him, yeah he used me as a roping dummie.
So I grabbed the rope from him and roped him back. And I caught him! True story.


Somebody took these crazy girls picture at breakfast.... I hope it was breakfast, because I recognize those zebra pjs. Oh wait I think that might be me. And no yall that's not Bubba Don's sister. The real reason for the picture was for the cute rainboots. Ummmm yes they came in handy, because guess what???? It rained...


It rained alot. Yes it rained for two days.

And that's me in the muddy road, showing how excited I am about all the rain.


Thankfully, the guys kept the fire burning, because everything was soaked.


These are my girls and we're headed to the track to shop, but aren't our rainboots cute? Actually, shopping is all we did Friday, Saturday, and Sunday..... because it rained and rained. And race cars can't go around and around at 200 mph on a slick track.
So, we had to stay an extra day!



FINALLY, on Monday we got to hear this! "Gentlemen START your engines!"




BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY! Let's go racing boys!


This is Mr. Greg Biffle and he drives the #16 3M Ford Fusion in the Sprint Cup races.
And I love him, he's my race car driver. He started 3rd and led a few laps, but he just couldn't get his car just right, but he ended up 10th.




Now Judy BUG, she's a #17 kinda girl!
It was great fun to see her so excited on her first trip to TMS.




Justin and Tami smiling because we finally got to hear the roar of the cars!



This is a shot of the first pitt stop. So first we watched the Samsung 500. Then, they turned around and ran the O'Reily 300. We saw 800 miles in one day... not many can say that.





My favorite guy drove in both races. This is his #27 car in the Nationwide race. He started dead last and ended up 6th. I love cheering for the BIFF!



As one of my Nascar sisters said, "Well girls it was fun and long and short!" It was a long trip since we had to stay an extra day. I'm upset because I didn't get a group picture with all the girls. We had a big group... about 30 of us! So until next year, TMS we will miss you! Wait I think they have a race in November... who knows we might get lucky and make that one too! But, I will sure take my boys because I missed them!


No comments: