Monday, May 23, 2011

Back At the Ranch

Branding time rolled around, so we headed up to Channing for a morning of fun at the ranch.


The boys got to flank a few.  Just a few though because most of the calves were too big for them to handle.

Pake and Hunter flanked one too!

And they thought it was lots of fun... but flanking wasn't enough....

Tate decided he wanted to ride one....

he fell off! 

Pake had to try too!

He rode for half a jump....

it got alittle western.

After this weekend.... they want to be cowboys!

Tate played with... well you know the little things we count to see how many bull calves there were...
only Tate!  

Boys will be boys...

I like this horse.... but I don't think his owner would part... durn he was a pretty sucker.

Did I mention Tate tried to ride a calf?

Justin did an awesome job draggin! 
We sure appreciate all of our neighbors that come out to help!

KD made sure he got his brand on them... even if he got the backward K, backwards once ...
opps I shouldn't have told that one. I just found it ironic... he got the backwards K backwards... lol

Did I mention Tater fell off of a few calves?

And we did all this on KD and I's 18th Anniversary!  It was an awesome day =)

1 comment:

Tori said...

Great pics!! Looks like fun. I'll bet we could use those guys at our branding pretty soon.