Sunday, June 3, 2012

Playing Cowgirl

I was raised a cowgirl, and I still like to think I'm still alittle bit of a cowgirl.  So our annual branding at the ranch makes me happy, because I get to play cowgirl for the day! 
I can't think of one single thing prettier than watching the cowboys gather the cows.

I also don't think there's anything cuter than a good set of black baby calves =)
Mr. Jim Cope is a horseback, Walter, Tate, Shawn and Randy flankin'



Pake and Brad giving shots and Walter branding.

Tater holding a calf, hoping he doesn't get his front teeth kicked out!
 KD branding one of Grandma Byrd's babies.

Danae and Rem flanking, Brad Bradley dragging,
and Tater watching, thinking someday soon, I'm going to be able to flank like them!

Of course, I always have to get a traditional family pic! 


Lord help us, Tater Jack is driving!

This year's branding was bittersweet.  Justin Bradley had been every year, until this year.  We still  miss his smile everyday!  But this year we invited Brad, Justin's Dad and we're so glad he came along for the adventure.  I love being a part of the cowboy tradition of a good old calf branding!

No comments: