Friday, August 10, 2012

Our Yearly Corn Shuckin' Party

Traditionally, we plant sweet corn.  The guy that calls himself JoeByrd (one word), started the tradition and it's usually on his land.  KD planted it for him this year.
We always get a pickup load... this time we got alittle carried away.

We pull into the garage and crank the AC and start to shuckin'.

KD took the afternoon off to help (I know I had to check his temperature),
 but he does LOVE him some sweet corn.

I cut it off the cobb.  Yes, I'm smiling!


Basically the corn field blew up in garage!  So 6 hours and 45 quart bags later, 
with 50 pots and pans dirty, a sticky floor, and 3 cranky boys 
we were finally done!


KD even washed dishes.... I'm telling y'all he's awesome!
Note:  He's going to kill me because he recently started actually reading my blog!

There's still corn if y'all want some.... better hurry on up and get over here!

No comments: