Sunday, August 19, 2012

the Mountains

Our last hooray of the summer, was a really quick trip to the mountains!  We have some really sweet friends that offered to share their camp with us.  It's a 10 hour drive, but it is oh so worth it! 

We were ready for some cool weather and boy was it nice!
Our first day, just Pake and KD took a ride....

and Pake fished at the beautiful Castle Lake in the park (cool reflection huh)!

BUT Tate on the other hand, slept the first day, oh and he threw up and threw up! 
We finally figured out he had altitude sickness.... it was not fun for him =( 
But after eating TUMS (yes TUMS is the best thing for it and lots of naps)... he was better!

As you can see here, he was better.  He was back to fighting with his brother....

My boys in the mountains... doesn't get much better than this!

So day two, we got to ride.... Again, I'd like to thank our sweet friends for letting us use Big RED!

We rode up to Cinnamon Pass which is way up, above the tree line....
Unfortunately, none of my pictures actually catch the beauty...

Pake rode with me awhile...

The park ranger stopped us... we were all good!

Tate rode with me too.... btw y'all he tends to talk alot...
I know huge surprise lol!  I don't have clue where he got it from ;)



Sometimes my boys take pictures for me.... they're usually goofy or maybe I'm just goofy!

We had a picnic....


And then, it was time to head down the mountain and pack up and come home.... 
Our trip was fast, but it was worth it and I'd like to again thank Gary and Cheryl Vaughn for the opportunity to stay in their digs and use their BIG RED... 
Lake City, Colorado, Castle LAKEs.... the coolest! 
We can't wait to go back!


On a sadder note... we had to rush back for Grandma Byrd's service...
We lost an awesome lady that we all looked up to!  She will surely be missed by everyone!
This picture was taken last Thanksgiving:  Grandma and a few of her great grandkids!

No comments: