Friday, December 12, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree.... oh Christmas Tree!

I put my tree up the day after Thanksgiving. The boys were insistent.... I didn't really want to tackle the MESS! But we got it done. Since then we've blown some fusses and had to get more extension cords and restring some lights but all and all it's working. I probably put too many lights on the tree, but I like it packed!
I learned to set the timer on my camera, so now I can set it then run and get in the picture! The boys thought that was way cool! I can't believe I haven't figured it out before now!

The boys thought they knew where to put all the ornaments. I tried to explain to them that we want the pretty ornaments in the front and the not so cute ones in the back. But I figured out the ornaments they thought were cool were NOT the ones I wanted on the front!


They had fun on the ladder... maybe scared me alittle but had fun... the bow is still crooked on the top and I haven't taken the time to get the ladder back in there so I can fix it!



This is the living room when we started and the MESS we had before we got everything up! I enjoy Christmas... sometimes I think it's more work than it's worth, but it is a special time of year. I hope the boys will look back and have good memories of their childhood!

Now what I'm dealing with everyday is the BIG question! "Mom when do we get to open our presents?" Tate said yesterday, "I can't help it, I just can't wait! "


I thought this was cute..... The boys earn bucks at school for good behavior and grades, etc.... so I guess they've been saving them up. Then, they can spend them in the store at school. Well the other day, Pake got Tate a gift and wrapped it all by himself.... So yesterday Tate bought Pake something and brought it home all hidden in his backpack and wanted me to help him wrap it.... I think they've both used all their points up! But I thought it was sweet that they were thinking of one another.

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Love your tree. The boys will remember the ladder more than anything I bet.

Brooke said...

Your tree looks amazing. I fall more and more in love with your house everytime I see it. Your boys are such sweet little guys! I'll be home for nearly a month during Christmas break...I'm hoping to hang out sometime!

Jamie said...

Aw that was so sweet! Your boys made me want to cry! Its cute when little girls do it but even more so when little boys have that in their hearts!!

Tori said...

That's sweet, especially since they are always wrestling and trying to kill each other!! What will I do if I have boys? Actually Scout will probably be wild like a boy.