Monday, December 8, 2008

Pheasant Hunt and Supper 2008


We had another big pheasant hunt this year! Kerry Don was really worried that weren't going to be many birds this year. They weren't as plentiful as they have been in previous years, but they still had a good day. Jim Bob brought a group of his friends so they stayed with us. I was happy to have company, and to finally fill up all the bedrooms in my house! The WHOLE crew: Dan, Greg, Justin, Chris, Cade, Chuck, Jarrod, Jim Bob, Randy B, Carlos, Bryan, Pake, KD (with a quail in his MOUTH... don't expect a kiss from me), Deon, Bray, Hunter, Meghan, Maxie and Tate. A few guys had already gone home so there are about 4 missing. I hope you enjoy my blog about the Pheasant Hunt and Dinner.Kerry Don, gun in hand, ready to take the guys out to shoot some birds! Everyone was bright eyed and bushy tailed Saturday morning. They cooked sausage and egg burritos before they headed out at sunrise!


Hunter, Pake, Uncle Cracker (Dex) and Tate.... the boys wouldn't have missed it for the world. They stayed out with the guys all day! I don't think they got to shoot, but they sure didn't want to miss any action! I need to add a special thanks to Chuck for hauling the kids!

This is a shot of just our local crew: Greg Davis, Justin and Deon Byrd, Chuck Thornton, Cade Lange and KD.. and of course all the kids Hunter O, Pake, Tate, Bray and Meghan... she's not afraid to hang out with the guys.


This is Randy B and his son Jarrod. Randy has been here several years and is lots of fun. He's a referee in south east Texas. I told him he reminded me of Robert Duvall.... and I think that went straight to his head! LOL

Marry Ann wanted to see them clean the birds, and she wanted one to cook! I told she could have it! I'm not much on cooking wild birds... I'll leave that to someone that knows what they're doing.

We cut up two ribeye rolls.... it made 32 steaks! They sure were pretty, FAT steaks! I had fun seasoning them all up!

I never have done the rolls that you have to let rise! But they turned out pretty good! I also made sopapilla cheesecake... actually I think I should have made two. That recipe came from my cousin Judy from New Braunfels.

Kerry Don and Jim Bob... getting the fire ready for the steaks on KD's tractor tire rim. He cut some stars around the rim so the coals can breath. It works great!


Chuck and Wade Byrd filling their plates with some fat steaks! Wade made a vegetable dish that they cooked on the grill that was delish!


The girls had to pick on Wade Byrd: Tami, Me, Leslie and Megan. He had that whistle around his neck which was really for his hunting dogs... he kept blowing it at us! Wade and Kennedy's hunting crews joined us for supper as well; we had quite a few lawyers.

The guys kept a pool game going all night! I'm glad someone uses my pool table because I sure don't know how to play. I just like it because it's an antique ;)



Some more of my girls: Marry, Me, Julie and Carol. I was sure glad they came out so I wasn't the only girl!



I'm not sure who had more fun the big kids or the little kids! Meg, Pake, Bailey, Brenden, and Conchur!



The little girls: Rayli, Ashton, Meghan and Jerzi. Cute, cute girls... I'm so glad I have girls that live next door!


The weekend was quite entertaining! I love having people over and cooking! We watched college football (Ok we won't talk about OU winning again), boxing (well we watched Dela Hoyo get whooped), and the National Finals Rodeo. I thought that was quite a mixture of sports... hopefully everyone got to see something that was interesting to them. They also played Texas Hold Em, pool and shuffle board! I hope everyone had a LARGE time! We are truly blessed with wonderful family and friends!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tandy: How do ya'll cook pheasent?? We have a few birds left from 2 yrs ago when Ashton went...and we haven't found a good way to cook it yet...

Tori said...

Looks like fun!! I know you are a "lovely" hostess.

The Chapple Adventures said...

I want the recipe for the cheesecake!