Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One CRAZY week

I don't even know where to start.....
WELL, Pake had reconstructive surgery at Scottish Rites in Dallas on Friday, June 25th and it has been a rough road.... He was released on Saturday (which was a mistake because it was really too early). The bumpy ride in the car was too hard on him, so we got a hotel outside of Dallas and stayed one night. We came on home Sunday and he was such a trooper! Then, we couldn't get his pain under control, but finally got a different pain med. Also, we were having to give him shots in his tummy to help prevent blood clots... then, he started getting a bloody nose from his blood being so thin! So today they said we don't have to give the shots anymore. WHEW, thank goodness, because I did not like giving my baby shots. Plus, as to be expected, he doesn't have an appetite, so I have to MAKE him eat something when it's time for his meds. Anyway, he's been resting alot and getting alittle better every day. So, hopefully all of this will be worth it! Dr. Oishi said that he was able to straighten out his elbow, wrist and fingers some, and open up his hand some. If this works.... it will all be worth it... it just doesn't seem like it right now =(


Today, Hunter and Tate pose with Pake...
I took about 20 pictures before I got him to smile and look at me...

Maxie has been moping around... I think she knows her Pake is sick.

We were all smiles in the hospital right before he was released...
little did we know the long road ahead of us........ But each day it will get better!

On a lighter note: Mom and Preston came to Dallas and so the night before surgery we took Mom out for her birthday. I wanted to take her some where REAL special. Well I found this Medevial Times place very near our hotel and thought.... now that might be special. AND it was special and different and well pretty much weird and nerdy. LOL We toughed it out and had fun! I bet Mom will never forget this birthday!


Mimi and the boys outside the castle... I want to say that Mimi could have been in Hugo watching the Ranch Rodeo team and contestants. BUT I told her boy could she tell them about the wild show she saw of prancing and rearing horses and jousting knights.

I told yall she'll never forget it.



We all were issued a crown at the door, so we were on the yellow team.
Preston's smiling because he knew I was crazy before I brought him here.


Can you see the look on KD's face? I think, he's thinking,
"Tandy I'm really going to kill you for this one"


Then there was Tate... he was soo hungry and we had a to wait a bit. He said, "Mom I'm so hungry I'm dying and I don't even like PIRATES!" LOL he just cracks me up sometimes.


But we were finally seated and the show began and the boys liked it... well actually I think everyone ended up thinking it was kinda cool.... kinda barely.


They served everyone around the arena while the knights performed. It's all actually very entertaining (if you're into the Sir Lancelot and Lady Whoever shiny armor kinda thing). Nonetheless, the food was actually pretty good. Oh and the waiter said, "Raise your hand"
and then said, "Meet your fork and knife" No we didn't have any silverware.


The performance was pretty impressive.
It's funny to see horses perform in something other than a rodeo.

Before dinner, Pake got to swim one more time before being in a cast.




Earlier in the week, we all met at Wonderland for Trail's birthday.
These cousins had a great time.


It was Scout's first time at Wonderland and she was in AWE...
the boys took time out to ride a few rides with her.


And I just had to throw this picture in....
Brad and Pake in the field with matching sunglasses. I know Pake just can't wait to get back out in the field. He will be there though, eventually.... He has to wear the cast for 3 1/2 weeks....
Keep him in your thoughts because he's not having much fun right now. I also want to thank all my friends and family that have been bringing food. Pake might not have an appetite but we do and YALL are making me FATTer!!!!



No comments: