Sunday, December 5, 2010

Huntin' Weekend

The first Saturday in December is the opening day for pheasant season. It's one of my favorite weekends of the year. It's always good to see the crew from south TEXAS. We've started an awesome tradition.

This guy is our favorite. He's a pretty cool cat.

The boys follow him around everywhere, because he lets them shoot his
JUDGE (a pistol that's like a shotgun..... not real sure I'm no expert on guns).


See Pake carrying the pistol.... these boys are 11 going on 20.


The crew heading out to walk a field.


Here they're walking through stalks, where Chuck shot one bird.

What a pretty bird!

So then, they're off to the next field.... hoping to scare up a few more birds.
As Tate, told me, "Momma you don't have to be quiet hunting pheasant because we're trying to scare them out!" I'm thinking it's a good thing because I know he can't be quiet.
I don't know where he got that from. ;)
The boys have more fun, maybe some day they'll be leading the crew just like their DAD.

Everyone is already used to my picture taking and they are somewhat cooperative,
well maybe not the dogs though.

Then, they cooked steaks, and they are the greatest!

We had a BIG crowd.

Randy B says it's good, but he's saving room for Sopapilla Cheesecake, too!

And I want to thank these girls for helping out,
cooking desserts, salads, and sides, and for washing dishes.
These chicks ROCK!
So the big hunt, has come and gone, once again.
Before we blink our eyes it'll be this time next year!
So until next time, happy hunting to all!

No comments: