Sunday, March 20, 2011

Redneck Country Bumpkin Landscaping

I had this idea to put a fake ranch entrance in my circle driveway.  I needed cedar post and I couldn't find them, especially not tall ones.  So I found this guy down by Burnet and Marble Falls that had every size I needed plus he would cut the tall ones with a Y in the top.  So yes I know I'm CRAZY! I drove 400 miles to get the posts......
My sweet husband rounded up the guys Saturday morning and started on the project!  I'm not so sure Chad and Butch were too excited about the whole thing.... but thank goodness for their help because we got 'er DONE =) 

They had to stand up on a pallet to put the top rail on.... it fit perfect and was even level!


Who knew a little old cedar fence could make a girl so happy!

And the neighbors had to come see what the heck we were doing.... Daisy, Bootsie and Dixie said it was looking good!  And Dan Byrd even said he thought it was "alright". And if Dan Byrd says it's "alright" then by golly it's "alright".  I'm just saying.... te/he

The boys worked hard!  We put down landscaping cloth to keep out the weeds. I hope it works.... I'm not too much on pulling weeds.
Then, JoeByrd came by and wanted to know why in the heck I wanted that old rusty plow???? 
He just doesn't get it! Does he?!  He said it's gotta be John Deere green for JoeByrd.

 I wanted the plow.... the older and the rustier the bettter. 
 Kerry Don says this is an old horse drawn plow and I assume it was Wylie Byrds.
 I'm sure there's a story behind it. Anyone know it?  I wonder how old it is?

Then we filled it in with gravel.  It's a start but we've got a LONG ways to go. 
I'm also hoping to get a sign to hang from the top.... Justin? 
Will you help me, can you put a windmilll on it?

 We can't plant til mid April.  My goal is to have drought resistant plants that don't require ANY attention.  BUT what I really want is a Yucca that has a trunk, but they are very hard to find and hard to transplant.  Anyone know where I could get one?  Anyone have any suggestions? 

Thank yall for listening to my Redneck Country Bumpkin Landscaping and Y'all Come See Us! ;)

No comments: