Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break Road Trip

Good ole Spring Break finally came to see us and I was soo happy!  Then I started on a mission to find cedar posts because I have a project in mind for my yard (more on all that later), but I couldn't find cedar posts ANYWHERE in the Texas panhandle.  SO a friend found them listed in Craigslist, so I called the guy.... he had what I wanted and would even cut them fresh.  SO, we loaded up in the ole Excursion pulling our ATV trailer and headed south.  Heck 400 miles really isn't that FAR right?

Actually it was kinda far.  But we made it and these nice guys that had just cut the big posts loaded us up.  So we asked the landowner that had sold them to us, where we could go and spend the night and have alittle fun.  I had three punks in tow and they wanted to swim!  So he says..... aw yeah about 10 miles down the road at Marble Falls there's the Horseshoe Bay.  I though heck we'll check it out.....  so I plugged it into my GPS and hit the road....

So picture this in you head.... a beat up old Excursion pulling a beat up ATV trailer, full of cedar post that are hanging out, 3 snotty nose punks with ball caps and cowboy hats on and then, me, one red neck Momma with a thick hick accent.....

We pull up to the resort and see this........ Opps holy cow!  This place might be alittle fancy for us.  Can you imagine what the Valets thought when they saw us coming?  But come to find out, our money is just as good as city folks and they gave us a room.  And we felt like we were up town!

So we took the shuttle down to the Yacht Club and we thought we were at a beach!

That's Horseshoe Bay and to us that's alot of water!

Talk about beautiful landscaping.

We had supper (or as the city folk say... dinner) outside by the bay.  The boys loved it!  Our trip was quite eventful, so part two will be coming up!  Until then, hope everyone is enjoying spring break. 

No comments: