Monday, April 11, 2011

Rubbin, son, is Racin'


We made our annual trip to TMS, Texas Motor Speedway that is!  I like that place... ALOT!  The weather was perfect!  Well except for the wind, but heck we're used to the wind.  The trip was great and more memories were made at TMS and I like that place!  Oh I think I already mentioned that =)

This year they raced under the lights!  Night races rock!

We got to go racin' two nights in a row.

My favorite part (well one of my favorite parts) was meeting Jeff Hammond...
 he's a commentator on Speed. 

Another favorite part, was when Jack took us to the end field and to pit row.  Judy thought it was cool too!

The next favorite part was getting to see them film speed.  Jeff Hammond was sporting his hat and PLUS Greg Biffle was a guest on the show.  And I'm a Biffle fan! 

Judy and I also took a picture with a pace car in victory lane. Again, thanks Jack!

Danny and Barb went for the first time... they're really drag racing fans. 
 They're not into all those left turns.  But we're glad they tried it!

Kerry Don and Boomer however, are into all those left turns.

Tami and I got a picture with Dale Jr.  Oh wait I think that's just his truck!  Oh well we still love JR.

Oh I forgot about this part... it's probably the best part!!!! When the jets fly over right after the national anthem, it'll make you have goose bumps and bring a tear to your eye.... it's true, really it is.

Then, when you see the checkered flag and one of your favorite drivers win!  Priceless.... well really it was Judy's favorite driver, but hey he drives a FORD and really that's all the matters, right?

Then, it was time to go home, and we all cried for a while... not really.  But we had a little mishap.  We parked the Painter's trailer backwards so their door would open up to camp.  But then their neighbors were in the way and they weren't going home... so they couldn't hook up.  Never fear though, we had a bunch of country boys and they figured it out, with a piece of plywood and floor jack... they scooted that baby right around so they could hook up.

Then it was time to load up and we took one more picture and said goodbye to TMS!


We will miss TMS, but we were sure glad to head home to see our boys.  I missed those punks, can't imagine why.  I also want to thank all my awesome friends that watched my punks.  You ladies are the best:  Lisa, Traci and Kymm... yall rock!   In the meantime, it's back to work =(  when's Good Friday? 

No comments: