Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Big BASS Story

Last weekend we discovered something pretty awesome.  We discovered
Lake Alan Henry located about 15 miles from Post, which is only about 2 hours from our casa.

See my oldest Mr. Pake Ryder, likes to bass fish.  He talks about bass fishing ALL the time, he will talk about bass fishing to anyone that will listen, AND he buys bass fishing stuff everytime we go to town.

Little brother, he likes bass fishing too, almost as much as brother, but he lacks patience. 
Well truth be told sometimes his Momma lacks patience as well.... I don't know where he got it from =)

As for the boss man, bass man, anyway, unlike our youngest, thankfully he has lots of patience. 
He has patience with all of us, untangling our lures, lines etc....  thank you Mr. K Dawg!
So, the good news is that everyone caught a bass the first day...... EXCEPT for me of course.

The next morning we got on the water at 6 AM.

It was a beautiful sunrise, and Pake was smiling because he just knew we were going to catch all kinds of bass. The bad news is that we didn't!  Not that morning anyway....

But finally I caught one!  This was my first BASS ever!  

Later that afternoon, at the Lodge, Tater caught a snake. I guess this snake really liked his rubber frog.
Anyway, I just had to throw this in there.... sometimes I'm random like that ;)

So on our last day of fishing, Mr. Pake continued to dominate and catch the most bass.

This nice large mouth bass was a whopping 2 pounds.

Yep Mr. Pake just kept catching and catching spotted bass and large mouth bass
until KD just pushed him in...

Then, I caught the 2nd bass of my whole life and he was so cute BUT so tiny. 
So I just decided to kiss my bass!

We finished off the day tubing.

The Little Red Bass Boat wasn't quite as fun as Big Green, the ole ski boat,
but the boys tubed their little basses off anyway!

Of course, they asked all the way home when we're going back.....
I have a feeling we'll see this lake again soon and hopefully we'll catch lots of bass!

No comments: