Sunday, September 11, 2011

Feedin'

After weining some of our calves, KD decided to start a feedyard.  I can't decide if we should call it KD Adams Farms Feedyard or The Backwards K Feedyard or The Roll-A-Cone Feedyard or should  we just call it a feedlot.  Ok I know I'm being quite dramatic.  But times are tough with this drought and frankly we don't have anything else to feed these calves.  So we're feeding them canola pellets and hay and we're just thankful that we're still able to feed them.

I've heard KD say before.... I'll never be in the feedlot business. 

Well KD you should never say NEVER, cuz you're in the feedlot business.

But look at this face.... you'd go in the feedlot business for a face like that wouldn't you? 


Any how, that's the story around here.  We get up and we go feed.  The next day we get up and we go feed.   And we keep praying for rain, so we can turn these calves out on wheat. 

No comments: