Saturday, January 2, 2010

New YEARS!!!

First of ALL did yall eat your black eye peas on New Years DAY????? Well Grandma always said that you HAVE to eat your blackeyed peas on NEW YEARS or you'd have bad luck..... anyone know where this supersition came from? Good thing we love black eyed peas... course anything is good when it's cooked up in bacon and bacon grease.
We also had fried cabbage (more bacon, grease and butter YUM :) and grilled pork chops!

We drove out to the MacKenzie ranch and looked around. The boys wanted to shoot something. They tried to call up a coyote but didn't have any luck. As the sun was shining beautifully, it was melting the snow and making some good ole WEST TX mud. So we didn't drive around as much as we wanted.

This cool plateau is actually right behind the Lake MacKenzie Dam. There's a hole that goes all the way through it and we hiked up to it! I don't like hiking in steep places... OK I'm chicken. But I did it.... I just didn't like it!


A couple times I'd say... OK I quit I'll just sit here and wait for yall. But then I couldn't stand it and I'd keep going. It was worth it!



Mr. Fearless.... awww come on it's easy... Easy whatever!



The place where there's a whole in the plateua. The boys tried to throw rocks through it!



NEW YEARS PARTY
Our friend Kyle invited us out to the airplane hanger.... He has a six seater plane and he flies some guys involved wind energy construction. It was fun, we ate good, danced alittle and played BLACK JACK.



These are all my crazy girlfriends.... we wanted our picture by the plane!

It's sooo hard to believe it's 2010! We're going to make this another great YEAR!

2 comments:

Tori said...

A) Are you trying to really show me up my posting so regularly?

B) You're such a wimp these days.

C) Did you win any money at Black Jack?

Tandy Adams said...

A) I'm just trying to be Pioneer WOMAN lol lol!

B) I am a wimp, but we'll see how you're doing in 7 years HA!

C) I didn't play Black Jack... they only played for FUN no $$$ involved... PLUS you know I can't be quiet and still that long!