Sunday, January 10, 2010

Two Birthdays, Two Cakes

This blog post is not very organized.... but since my Aunty Pat is my biggest blog fan, I wanted to start off with her picture. Her 75th birthday is on January 12th, so we went this weekend to celebrate with her! We also celebrated with our great aunt LaVerne!
We got Aunty Pat this cool cake.... you see she really is the Goat Lady! She raises goats and I think she has at least 100 or more! She also has chickens and she is about the best cake maker I know (Angel Food is her specialty)! Mom surprised her and drove in from Springer just for her big sis's birthday!

Riley and Tripp with Pake, Trail and Tate..... this was the highlight of the day for my boys! They got to go hangout with their Cool Cowboy Uncles! See Tripp likes to take my boys to his feedlot and let them ride calves.... course no one is ever around to take pictures.... one of these days I'll be invited too!

Friday and Tripp.... I don't know for sure who started calling Uncle Don, Friday.... but I think it sounds pretty cool! And Friday is known for making handmade spurs. I even have a pair, but unfortunately I use them for decoration and a reminder of when I was a real Cowgirl (ha/ha... sometimes I crack myself up)



Summer and Autumn my sweet, quiet nieces that had a CAKE FIGHT!!!!!! Yes I didn't get a picture but Summer ended up smearing a whole piece on Autumn's face... some how I don't think this is over... yall watchout next time there' s a birthday cake around.



My madre and her siblings.



Mirt (actually a nickname: she got this name as a kid... someone called her and her sister Mirt and Squirt.... says she's just now starting to like the name... I love it) and Diana (who is in trouble for paying for EVERYONE's lunch at Leals... but it was good! Thanks Diana) and Stephanie and baby Ryan... Diana and Stephanie came all the way from Round Rock!




Mirt with one of the beautiful bouquets she brought for the birthday girls... my niece Scout is all about "piddy" things!



Our table at Leal's.... the best Mexican food EVER!!!! They've been in business forever too I think, well I've been eating there all my life!



Scouty and Pake... now this little chic is something else! Course I think she's cuter than a speckled pup!


Triple Trouble: Shotgun, Trigger and Pistol (Mim's nicknames for her grandsons) Matching caps too, thanks to Aunty Hopey!



Hopey and Tori making punch... notice Trysten's little head popping up there! Well let me tell you, he wanted to eat the goat from Pat's cake... and yes you guessed... we let him!


Cousins: Pat, Jane, Mary Beth, Diana, and Don.... I think it's awesome that they all still get together several times a year!


Hope showing LaVerne her cake! LaVerne is 99 years old today! She's an amazing woman... she is the oldest of her siblings and sadly the only one left. We can't wait until next year to celebrate her 100th birthday!
I always enjoy days like this... sometimes I even get a little teary eyed. Seriously.

1 comment:

Tori said...

You are in such trouble. Hopefully I have a horrible pic of you and it's sooo going up.

Luv u sista!!