Monday, August 9, 2010

Taking Lunch to the Field

So the guys on the farm are WAAAY behind.
First we had lots of rain this summer (not griping about it... we love it, but with lots of rain comes lots of weeds), we had major big tractor breakdowns, our hired hand quit (well the railroad hired him back.... we miss you Brad), and then it rained some more.....
KD said he's soo far behind that he thinks he might be in first place.
Kerry Don calls me and says, "Did you cook lunch?"
I say, "Yes and I cooked your favorite"
"Can you bring it to the field?"
"Sure honey wha eva you like we do fo you!"
This here is Pioneer Woman Meatloaf! If you don't know who she is, you're missing out.

So I packed up a lunch for him. I think it's the perfect summer time lunch:
PW meatloaf (yes that's bacon wrapped around it), fresh corn on the cob (from JoeByrd's corn patch), fresh cucumber (thanks Layne and Colene), and fresh watermelon (from a fruitstand on the road back from Dallas).


I love fresh stuff. This corn was really good.... but yall already know that!



I even ended up putting up 30 quart bags of corn. I cut it off, blanched it and froze it. I was so proud of myself, I felt like Betty homemaker... (this is alittle out of my charcter)
But anyway, we are going to enjoy this great corn this winter, too!

I'm going to try to enjoy my LAST week off =( yes it's BACK to SCHOOL!
So maybe KD will get a couple more homemade lunches this week.
Yall enjoy what's left of summer and enjoy all those great fresh veggies!

1 comment:

Summer said...

I loovve PW meatloaf! It is the bomb!