Monday, August 2, 2010

Pake's Got a Cap Gun

Pake's got a CAP gun.... KD bought it for him at Allsups on the way home from Dallas. He fires this baby off everytime he needs something. Course he used it sooo much we had to go to town today to buy more caps. Oh LORD and I'm blogging about this........

He's taken my signature saying "Whateva you like we do for us"... TOOO far



So this afternoon, I was super busy being a farm secretary
(really I was... I was just 3 months behind)

and the gun goes off.

"Momma did you not hear that?"


So I go see what the fuss is about....

"Hey can you cover me up"

I'm like sure honey, "Whateva you like we do for you"

Then he giggles and says, "And can I have a coke float too?"

Orney little punk!!!! He didn't need covering up, he wanted ICE cream.
So I made him a coke float... I meant Dr. Pepper float.

But.... all in all Pake is doing ok. And I don't mind a bit getting him anything he wants.

I mean seriously I took him to town this morning just for caps for his gun.
Who knew Allsups was so resourceful?


So, Pake had the surgery on Friday. They cleaned up all the eschar (dead areas) and then put a skin graft over it. This will hopefully help it heal. He has some discomfort on the donor site (on the side of his hip). He says it hurts, but that it's not pain/pain. I guess he's just that tough. Friday, we go back and they'll take off the cast and see if the graft took, and they'll change his bandages on the donor site. This really hasn't been fun, but we're keeping the faith that it's all going to be worth it in the end.

No comments: